- Ship control has been optimized for performance! You can "stop
on a dime" to strafe enemies or move up and down, you can also "bolt" in the
opposite directions to avoid crowded
situations and even combine techniques! Experiment and learn!
- Stay on the "offensive!" Completing the waves quickly will reduce
the need to transfer precious energy; which must be conserved!
- Destroying "Air Enemies" at close range can be dangerous as they
emit a slow-moving shot that is sometimes difficult to spot from
an exploding enemy!
- Beware the Water Walkers! They fall from the sky, jump over cities
and worst yet, fire a "Lightning Ball" that is aimed directly at your
- Enemy fire will disappear once you leave the screen - you can
tactically "jump" away and then return to their proximity to safely
reduce them to atoms!
- Keep an eye on your radar! Especially in the higher-number waves -
enemies move faster and are more aggressive, making it easier to ignore
other enemies entering the battle from above.
- Do not let the Water Walkers hang out on the screen with you too
long; remember you can "cancel" enemy shots by jumping off the physical
screen for a moment.
- Both Water Walkerss and Air Enemies can be "conjoined" - meaning that
they are layered upon one another; Air Enemies are conjoined very rarely,
but when an air enemy shoots two flares side by side...DEAD GIVE-AWAY!
- Conjoined enemies can be of the same aggression, but of different
"metal" - so if you are maintaining a chain bonus "streak", you may want
to let those particular enemies dive; though you can always take the chance
and shoot it (them) and see which color is destroyed first! This happens
more frequently during the later waves.
- Every wave has a free shield cel hidden in an enemy; Usually a
straight-flying Air Enemy holds a "Shield Cel", but sometimes that
Shield Cel is hidden in a a Water Walker...just going about its
- Bombing is a terrific way to destroy enemies; when you bomb an enemy it does
not affect your chain score, in effect it is a "neutral" weapon. Unfortunately, this also means that
you will not be rewarded a Sheild Cel if you bomb an enemy that is holding one - only shooting
those enemies will reward a cel.
- If you arre trying to clear the game with one credit, you really do not
want fly around with just ONE shield-cel; you can scan the mini-map to
find a straight-flying enemy, but do not put yourself in harms way trying
to get there - be patient and you will usually get to it before it
- BEWARE! Enemy flares hiding in explosions, in front of the mountain
range and the moon...this also applies to some air enemies - like the
Gravitines, Sonads and Wintoks.
- In the later stages, enemies move faster and dive more often; this means
that they will be descending from the top of the screen faster and more
often. It is understandable if you need to recharge your ship and/or a
city, but it is not adviseable to do it at a high altitude!
HypernovaBlast.com, and all information contained herein is Copyright 2013-2022
by Bt Garner and Nathan McLain, and may not be used without permission.